Can I Get an Attorney For a Bond Hearing?


Karen Riley Porter: Of course. You can get a lawyer to represent you on any phase of a criminal case. In fact before, at the time that law enforcement first made an encounter with you, you can assert your constitutional right to have counsel. Then once you do that, you can hire an attorney to represent you and make an appearance in the court to argue for an appropriate bond so that you can be released pending disposition of your case.

[Return to Virginia FAQs]